In order to be successfully hired as a New Hampshire State Trooper, applicants must meet the below requirements.
A candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Education: An associate degree or 60 credit hours from a recognized college, university or technical institute with major study preferably in criminal justice or the equivalent.
- Experience: No experience required.
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years of experience comprised of any one of the following:
- One year as a full-time certified police officer and one year of honorable military service, either intermittently or full-time, or
- Two years as a full-time certified police officer, or
- Two years of honorable military service, either intermittently or full-time.