Health & Well-being
Troopers and their families receive excellent health and dental benefits.
The Department of Safety takes pride in a team-oriented culture that offers wide-ranging opportunities to all employees. As a State of New Hampshire employee, your work has the ability to impact positive change and you'll receive benefits that will enhance your health and wellness:
- Health Care
- Flex Spending
- Dental/Vision and Hearing
- Pharmacy Benefits/Cost Savings Programs/Mental Health Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Pension and Retirement Planning
- Health Education and Wellness
- Fitness Reimbursement (HMO plan only)
- Behavioral Health & Substance Abuse
- More programs that are good for your wellbeing
- State holidays
Dental, health and life insurance benefits begin on the 1st of the month following 30 days of full-time State employment.
A group term life insurance benefit of $20,000 is fully paid by the State of New Hampshire. Troopers are able to increase this coverage amount through personal contributions.
Visit the Department of Administrative Services Employee Benefits page for additional details.